Friday, February 21, 2014

Day Of Birth

Today is my birthday. It's supposed to be a happy day. It's not. Happy would be spending time with the woman and kids I love so much. The birthday cookie and dinner tradition she has. It was wonderful. Last year, it happened a week after the divorce was filed. There was no cookie, no dinner out. We ate at home. But I was home. With them. She apologized for not having a gift. She did though. Having dinner with them, being there with them, that was the gift. The best gift. Sitting at the dinner table with the most wonderful woman and children was more than I could ever want. My world. God I want that back. I wish she knew what it all meant to me. I wish she knew how much I appreciated everything she did. I wish I could have shown her more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment