"Romance might seem like a pastime for the young or dating. Truly, romance is for everyone, especially married people who want to keep their marriage fresh and new. Yes, the honeymoon period will end, and you'll have to face the realities of a lifetime of responsibilities. But love will die if you don't nourish it. Romance is the nourishment. Tell your spouse you love him or her in ways big and small. Kiss and hug. Do special things for each other. Make sure no one is taken for granted. Everyone should feel special and loved. Your marriage is your number one priority, and romancing your spouse is a great way to remind him or her."
God I was trying. Always trying to be as close to you as I could. Always kissing you, wanting to hold you, telling you I love you and what you mean to me. Always wanting to be a part of what was going on, from photos to just going with you to Walmart. I was always trying to help you any way I could. Helping clean, helping with laundry, cooking, dishes, homework, yard work, anything. I wanted you to know how special it was being there with you and for you. Bringing you new socks, new boots, clothes, candy. Surprising you with Starbucks. I just wanted to see you smile. I wanted to make you feel good. Rubbing your back anytime I could. I wanted to relax you. Heal your pain. Calm you. The problem was the past. Every time you thought about it, you would get upset. I wish you knew how bad I felt for putting you through everything I did. I just wanted you to know that I knew that, and I was trying everything to show you that the bad was over and we could build a new future together, one filled with joy, compassion, love, understanding, honesty, trust and the hope of many more years of companionship. If the roles were reversed, I would have believed in you. I wouldn't have given up. I would have seen that you were trying anything to save us and not argue. I would have seen all the steps you were taking to make things right, to correct all your mistakes. Why? Because I completely love you. I always will. Yes, good things take time. We have time. It was only going to get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment