"You don't have to forget the ways you have been done wrong or the experiences that are shaping your opinions and your relationship. But you must learn to forgive your spouse, especially if he or she is genuinely trying to rectify the situation by apologizing and taking steps to fix the mistake or bad behavior. Even if your spouse does something awful that ends your relationship, you still have to find a way to forgive him or her. You don't have to do it for them. But you must do it for yourself. Anger and resentment will eventually wear you down."
I just wanted you to see me for who I really am, who I have become. Being with you, I learned what was important in life. Worrying about what was going on in other peoples lives, celebrities, stupid shit like that, didn't matter anymore. What was important was what we had under our roof. My priority was you and the kids. That's it. And it still is. I didn't want you thinking I wanted out, there was someone better or someplace better I wanted to be. I just wanted to be there with you. Plain and simple. I wish my past didn't weigh so heavy on your brain. All I wanted was a future with you. I know there are things you can't forget, but I had hoped all the effort I was trying to show you would help you see that I was trying for you. I wanted to be a positive role model, but when the past would come up, it would upset me.
No comments:
Post a Comment