I wasn't perfect. I had issues. I had flaws. But you fell in love with me. I tried to be better. I tried to be your world. You were and are mine. I tried to leave my past behind. It kept coming up. I gave up all of my childish obsessions and pointless and meaningless comments about others. I focused my life on what was important, the love I had for you and the family we were. You still doubted. That always crushed me. There was nowhere I wanted and still want to be but with you and the children. When things got rough, when things broke, didn't go the way you wanted, people said things about you, your doubts about photography, I always tried to encourage you, tell you we would figure it out, support your opinions and just reassure you that you are wonderful and we will get through it. You would get so upset. I tried to calm you down. I tried to tell you that I would do everything I can. Not once did I think we weren't going to work. Not once did I think that it was all your fault things broke or an extra expense occurred. I tried to figure out ways to calm you down and make it through. You would talk about giving up on life, photography, everything. I tried to give you encouragement, tell you that you are amazing at what you do, all the things you put up with, all the demands put upon you, by yourself and others. I didn't give up on you. I believed in you. I believed in us. We have gone through many unforeseen events that you thought we couldn't get through. We had to sacrifice, but we did it. It was a dream of ours to give the kids a big Disney vacation. We thought it was just a dream. We would never be able to afford two weeks of fun and theme parks. We did it. Many things we though we could never do, we did. We made it happen, because we didn't give up.
I've seen you doubt. I've seen you want to give up. I've seen you hurt. I've seen you angry. I didn't jump ship. I didn't give up. I tried to be your support when things weren't going the way they should. I tried to calm you and tell you we would get through it, like we had every time before.
I didn't stop loving you. I didn't stop caring. I didn't stop trying. I didn't give up.
You didn't give up?? Walking out is giving up!
ReplyDelete