Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Protect

I know you want to feel protected, safe, and have someone to make you feel that way. Honey, you had the right person with me. A uniform doesn't make you courageous. I'm sorry you put so much into someone who wears one. I'm not scared to die for you. I don't need a uniform to protect you. Never did. Never will. 

You know I've never been in a fight. Does that make me bad? Does that make me weak? No. Because I haven't needed to be. Do you think maybe no one wants to fight me? And yes, I have been in a fight. Once. He opened my car door and kicked me in the face. I stepped out. I warned him. He kept on. Maybe six to eight swings. He never touched me. I didn't want to hit him. It wasn't worth it. I told him you don't want to do this. He got the hint and left. 

Just think if it was someone trying to hurt you. There would be no stopping me. You have no idea what I'm capable of if you or the kids were threatened. You haven't seen it. For the sake of whoever tried, they don't want to see it either. 

I don't know why you think a uniform makes someone more protective or a better person. If that day ever comes when someone tried to do something to you or the kids, they will never do it again if I'm there or I find out. With me, that is how it was. I hope to hell you realize that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment