"The way you fight with one another can set the tone for your marriage. Listen, there's no way you can avoid fighting. You're going to disagree, and you're going to have to confront one another about it. It's actually part of a healthy marriage. But it won't be healthy at all if you are the kind of fighter who smacks your partner or calls him or her names. You have to learn to fight fairly in marriage just as you did on the playground in elementary school. Be a grown up and communicate without the low blows."
First, I would never lay a hand on you to hurt you. Ever. Second, I would never say anything negative about you or call you something you aren't. There were times you misunderstood what I was trying to say and you thought I was saying something mean or bad to you. I could never. You were my angel. I would always try and encourage you and remind you what a wonderful mother, an incredible wife, and just an all around beautiful person you are. I wasn't going to beat you down with names, I couldn't. You're too sweet for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment