I don't understand why you are so upset. I didn't lie to you. I was being completely honest. I thought by doing this, it would give you the space away from me that you wanted. It was an opportunity. But, the things you talked to me about, about our son, really weighed on my mind. The promise I made to you. That I would always be there for you and the kids. How could I do that so far away. Sitting in that seat, so close to leaving, I made a decision. I was not going to run away. I was not going to break another promise to you. Leaving would have. I thought I made the right choice. When you asked if I would still do all these things for you if you were seeing someone else, the thought of it is crippling, but it is inevitable. You are a wonderful, amazing and beautiful woman. I will always be here for you, like I promised I would be. Sometimes, events cause us to make drastic decisions, some of which aren't right. I feel I made the correct decision. I stayed. Because I made a promise. Sometimes new isn't always better, it's just different. Keeping your word, not quitting, those are the right things to do. That's what I did. I hope you will see why I decided to stay. I hope you will see what you and the kids mean to me. You mean staying, fighting, not quitting to me. No lies, no broken promises. I gave you my word, I intend to keep it.

No comments:
Post a Comment