Ask yourself. Why are you so upset with me? Is it because I didn't go? Is it because I thought about going? You got upset when I told you I was. You got upset when I decided it wasn't the right thing to do. The only reason I considered going was because you were upset with me and told me you didn't want to see me anymore and you weren't really talking to me. The reason I chose to stay is because of the promise I made to you. No more lies. No more walking out. Always being here for you and the kids. I wasn't wanting pity or for you to feel sorry for me. Why would you feel sorry for me? And you letting me come by yesterday, when you didn't have to, meant a lot to me. Because, yes, you are a nice person, you are a people pleaser. I've always told you that. You have a heart of gold. You try so hard to help people, and a lot of the time you get walked on. I wasn't doing that. I'm not going to take advantage of your kindness. All I want to do is show you that the kindness you show to me is greatly appreciated and all I want to do is the same for you. That's why I stayed. Leaving would have broken a promise I made to you. I told you I would be here for you and the kids. I wouldn't be able to do those things halfway around the world. I kept my promise. I didn't think it would upset you so much. I made the right decision. I chose you. I chose the kids. I chose my word to you. And by making that choice, not lying to you and keeping my promise, I have upset you again.

No comments:
Post a Comment